Stephan Aßmus, aka stippi, reported
today yesterday that Haiku was awarded five student slots from GSoC. They had to review many applications and the choice wasn't made easy at all, by the students quality. In the end, they settled for the following students/projects:
- Paging support: Zhao Shuai
- Zeroconf support: Alexandru Roman
- HPET and other timers: Dustin Howett
- Sub-pixel antialised rendering in the app_server: Andrej Spielmann
- CIFS client: Adrien Lemaire
Congratulations to the students, and here's hoping for a great summer of code.